Sunday, February 19, 2012

This week's six sentences come from the beginning of Part 3 of my novel, The Bones of the Earth, and begins to unravel some of the mysteries I created in parts 1 and 2.

Bang! A gust blew the flimsy door open and the shack filled with moaning wind. The candles flickered and died, no longer stoked by Sophia’s will.
“They are coming,” she whispered.
“What? Who’s coming?” Javor said.

To see the whole novel:
Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006PI0NRG/
Smashwords

And if you enjoyed these six sentences, leave a comment below, then visit SixSunday.com for more samples.

Thanks!

12 comments:

  1. "This week's sex sentences" =P

    Well, safe to say I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - the sex sentences were last week!

      Delete
  2. Great 6! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:00 PM

    Nice, I'll check out the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hook. I like the ominous feel that developed at the end of your six. I enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely use of description. I particularly like that Sophia's will was stoking the candles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great hook! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool interjection of action. Here comes the conflict! Cool Six!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very suspenseful six.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creepy mood. I can't wait to see what happens next.

    I tagged you at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I want to know who's coming too! Very atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to know what's coming! So many books to read right now, but I'm moving you up my To Read list!!

    ReplyDelete