Friday, September 02, 2011

The third Writers' Platform-Building Campaign

Now I’ve done it.


I agreed to join the Writers’ Platform-Building Campaign, a “crusade” organized by author and blogger Rachael Harrie. Her blog is Rach Writes, at http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com//.

I was informed about the whole campaign by another blogger on a LinkedIn forum that I participate in sporadically. Actually, I do a lot of stuff sporadically, but that’s another story.

What appealed to me about the campaign is its purpose: helping writers build their Internet presence by sharing blog links and tweets. Sounds simple. But I found out about the campaign on the last day to join, August 31, so I jumped in and tried to sign up without thinking too much about it. After all, what’s the worst that could happen?

Well, I don’t know. I’ll give it a try. I’m going to put some links in this blog to some of the other blogs that I found through the campaign and that appeal to me, somehow. And I’ll tweet about them, too. Since you can see all my tweets in the column on the right, you’ll see them, too.

I’m just a little nervous about how much work this will all entail. It sounds simple, just a few clicks here and there; but as I’ve found, all this social mediaing takes a lot of time.

I’ll tell you what it was like at the end of the month.

1 comment:

  1. Teehee, that's exactly how I felt when I signed up! I'm blown away by how much support is out there for writers :) (Now it's just finding the balance between social media and actual writing :))

    ReplyDelete